Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Googleicious Podcasts for Educators

Image from pixabay.com
Those who know me know that I commute about 35 minutes to and from work every day, each way. During the new year I'm also spending a little time on the stationary bike trying to be more active. (I'm definitely looking forward to warmer weather when I can get outside again!) Whether I'm in the car or on the bike, I generally listen to podcasts to brush up on my skills and learn new ideas.

Podcasts are simply audio recordings that are distributed via Internet. You don't have to have an iPod or other mp3 player to listen - most folks download via smartphone or computer/tablet. While there are lots of different ways to listen to podcasts, I generally choose Google Play Music and YouTube since these work nicely across my smartphone, Chromebook, and desktop.

Here are my current go-to podcasts for tech-enabled education topics, and the links I use to listen - I'm sure you can find these on other platforms, too!

Video Podcasts (for the workout) 

Audio Podcasts (for the commute) 

NOTE: Matt Miller will keynote the 2nd annual Whatever It Takes Conference in Galesburg, IL. Join us June 14-16, 2017! 

witconf.org
Visit www.witconf.org for details!

Other Podcasts I follow: 

  • Goin' Digital with Dr. Greg Goins is another non-Google podcast I follow. This southern Illinois superintendent conducts periodic hour-long interviews with some of the movers and shakers in the EdTech world 
  • I also listen to the TED Radio Hour from NPR when I need a break from tech topics. While not Google-centric, I simply do not have words to recommend this thought-inspiring podcast highly enough!



Happy Listening and Learning! 

Add Shortcuts To Mobile Devices

There seems to be an app for everything these days. However, many "apps" just gather information or services that are already avai...