Another book study option will be available to Galesburg CUSD 205 employees during Spring semester. DITCH That Textbook, by Matt Miller, describes dozens of tech-enabled ways to innovate in your class. DITCH isn't about getting rid of textbooks as much as it is a philosophy for teaching and learning:
- Different: Switch things up to keep your classroom interesting and engaging
- Innovative: Take risks and try new ideas, be they new, borrowed, or stolen
- Tech-laden: Incorporate digital tools and resources when appropriate to encourage exploration
- Creative: Access students’ amazing potential to produce meaningful and relevant outcomes.
- Hands-on: Give kids the opportunity to get messy, try new things, and “fail-forward.”
This 14-week book study will also be facilitated using Google Classroom, so you can complete it as your schedule allows. Up to 7 PD Credits can be earned through thoughtful reflection on this information and discussing classroom applications of these ideas in the Book Club. This is also open to ANY employee using their galesburg205.org email address.
|Image used with permission of the author. Visit www.ditchthattextbook.com|