Often times we’ll get an email inviting us to a meeting or other event. You can quickly and easily turn this email into a Google Calendar event right from GMail:
- With GMail open, click on the message to open it
If you use the Preview Pane view, click the pop-out button above the reply button (above) to open the message in a new window.
- Click the More button and choose Create event
This will open a new event in Google Calendar. See screenshot below.
- The subject of the email will be the Event Name - you can edit this as needed.
- Set the date and time as needed
- The body of the message will be included in the Description field below - this will likely help you set the time and date above.
- You can also change Location, the calendar where the event will live (if you use multiple calendars) and remove the video call as you wish.
- Anyone CC’d on the message will also be invited to the meeting - you can change this if needed to add or remove those invitations.
- Remember that you can also save attachments to a calendar event so you’ll never forget an agenda or other materials when you go to a meeting!
- Click the Save button when you’re done and the event will appear on the calendar you have indicated.