So you have a bunch of files that you’ve been working on using Microsoft Office on a PC or Mac, and now you want kids to be able to edit these on a Chromebook. No worries! Simply instruct kids to do the following:
- Download the document to the device or to a flash drive, if needed
- Open Google Drive
- Click the Gear Icon in the upper right and select Settings
- Check the box next to Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format
- Click Done
- Click the blue NEW button in Google Drive and select File Upload
- Select the file you wish to convert and it will be uploaded and converted to the appropriate format for editing, etc.
Some of your formatting & fonts may exactly the same when you’re all done, but students can now edit that document very easily on a Chromebook.