We’re accepting applications for our local PD Academy! This will help you stay up- to- date on the latest trends and ideas to help students grow and achieve. (...and to help renew your license, too!)
If you have topics that you’d like to present to your colleagues, please complete the Course Proposal form. After review, I’ll be in touch with you to hammer out the details.
PD Academy Courses should focus on one or more of our 6 Pillars of Professional Learning:
- Student Engagement
- Higher Order Thinking Skills
- Data-Based Decision Making
- Tech-enabled Instruction
- Balanced, Authentic Assessment
Tips from past PD Academy sessions…
- Plan for multiple, on-going sessions that encourage deeper integration of the tips/tools into daily instruction - avoid the one-and-done approach.
- Make sure each session has an agenda with specific outcomes. I am required to keep these and any supporting documents/presentation materials on-file for 7 years. (I’m audited annually on this stuff)
- Plan interactive, hands-on activities to engage all participants, with the goal of planning or creating something that can be incorporated into classroom activities immediately.
- Plan a definite start and end date within a semester - repeating a topic with new participants is okay, too.
- Offer ideas & training that apply across all grade levels whenever possible.
- All activities must be aligned with the national Learning Forward professional learning standards. I can help you with this part - just ask!
It’s okay to repeat a topic during the same semester or across semesters to allow more persons to get involved. Those who have presented topics in the past are encouraged to do so again, too!