- "So, when are we going to push Win8 out to staff?"
- "Have you tried the 8.1 preview yet?"
- Which I'm sure leads to their non-verbal thoughts of, "Kid, don't you think we have other things to do these days?"
Learning a few simple Surface RT gestures also helped:
- Swipe in from right: Charms, including sharing, search, settings, and what-not
- Swipe in from left: Switch or snap open program(s) or app(s)
- Swipe from top or bottom: Reveals App Commands
- Press-and-Hold: Basically, this is just like a right-click with your desktop mouse
So, if you haven't tried Windows 8 yet, give it a shot. If you've tried it and still aren't sold on it, take a look at the Windows 8.1 video, below, and give it another chance. Among other things, it will have the option to boot back to the familiar Windows 7 interface, the Start button makes a return, you can snap more than 2 programs for side-by-side (-by side?) multitasking, and the Search function looks really great! I don't think you'll be all that disappointed.