Please remember that school personnel are subject to very different rules about student privacy & confidentiality than the general public.
- Checked with the office to make sure it's okay to publish the image of every child who appears in the video? Even in wide-angle crowd scenes? Even in profile?
- Made sure that no student with an IEP appears in the video without expressed written consent from a parent or guardian? (This is another reason why you must check with your Principal)
- Notified parents of your intention to publish that video on a site like YouTube, giving them the opportunity to opt-out?
- Considered setting up "Private Sharing" so that you can send the video's URL to parents/ guardians directly, helping to ensure that Internet predators can't access it?
- Made sure your video does not contain copyrighted music/images?
- Remember: What you can share with kids inside your classroom as part of instruction is not the same as what you can share with the world through the Web!
- (Other sites have similar abilities, but always make sure you have covered the four items above, first!)