- Smithsonian Institution’s African American Cultural Heritage Tour
- Africans in America, from PBS
- Celebrate Black History, from the Biography Channel
- Black History
- Black History Month Lesson Plans, Activities, & Resources, from Thinkfinity
- Channel One on African American History
- Culture & Change: Black History in America, by Scholastic
- Do’s and Don’ts of Teaching Black History, from Teaching Tolerance
- The History Behind Black History Month, from Teaching Tolerance
- Encyclopedia Britannica’s Guide to Black History (take note of their lesson plan ideas in their Learning Activities)
- The History Channel on Black History Month
- Civil Rights Timeline
- Illinois State Board of Education – Social Science Mandates – African American History
- The Best Websites to Teach & Learn about African-American History, by Larry Ferlazzo
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Black History Month Resources
February is Black History Month! Since 1976, February has been set aside as a month to honor and educate about the achievements of African Americans in our nation. Here are some links to help you teach about the contributions of African Americans to our nation & the world.
All users should change their EdLeaders Network password. If you receive an email from EdLeadersNetwork.org , ILPrincipals.org , or NetForum...
Image from www.kidsdeserveit.com Spring semester is always challenging, and often times professional learning falls by the wayside. To ...
image clipped from hapara.com This one came in recently, but I know from spot-checking that this is a widespread problem. One of the m...
Another book study option will be available to Galesburg CUSD 205 employees during Spring semester. DITCH That Textbook , by Matt Miller , ...