- Smithsonian Institution’s African American Cultural Heritage Tour
- Africans in America, from PBS
- Celebrate Black History, from the Biography Channel
- Black History
- Black History Month Lesson Plans, Activities, & Resources, from Thinkfinity
- Channel One on African American History
- Culture & Change: Black History in America, by Scholastic
- Do’s and Don’ts of Teaching Black History, from Teaching Tolerance
- The History Behind Black History Month, from Teaching Tolerance
- Encyclopedia Britannica’s Guide to Black History (take note of their lesson plan ideas in their Learning Activities)
- The History Channel on Black History Month
- Civil Rights Timeline
- Illinois State Board of Education – Social Science Mandates – African American History
- The Best Websites to Teach & Learn about African-American History, by Larry Ferlazzo
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Black History Month Resources
February is Black History Month! Since 1976, February has been set aside as a month to honor and educate about the achievements of African Americans in our nation. Here are some links to help you teach about the contributions of African Americans to our nation & the world.
Read the latest post!
Shift-Z is one of my favorite keyboard Shortcuts! Shift-Z allows you to save almost any file into multiple folders in Google Drive. Check...
What are people reading on this blog?
Taking a tech break for some family time. See you in a week.
James Hollis of Teachers Love SMART Boards has published a link to a free Battleship game to use with SMART Boards. GREAT, BUT ...
image clipped from classroom.google.com Recently I blogged about upcoming changes to Google Classroom in August . A Deeper Dive John ...
image from classroom.google.com Google Classroom is a great tool to help teachers organize & manage digitally-enhanced classrooms. ...
Image from www.kidsdeserveit.com Spring semester is always challenging, and often times professional learning falls by the wayside. To ...