If you use Google to find classroom resources on the Internet, you can filter sort your search results by "Basic," "Intermediate," or "Advanced" reading levels. Here's how:
- Visit http://www.google.com/
- Type in what you're searching for & click "Search" or hit the Enter key
- Once your Search results are displayed, Click the Advanced Search link beneath the Search button
- On the next screen you can refine your search results. Under Need more tools? you'll see a drop-down box next to Reading Level.
- This will let you choose to:
- Annotate results with reading levels - You'll see all of your search results analyzed overall, along with a note on each of your individual results
- Show only Basic reading level results
- Show only Intermediate reading level results
- Show only Advanced reading level results
This could be a great tool for teachers who are looking to develop classroom activities with materials at reading levels appropriate to their students.
|Image & Tip from http://www.freetech4teachers.com/|